Students enrolling in these UW health sciences programs that require clinical or practicum training to complete the degree should expect to receive notification from academic program staff of the HSIP requirements:
- Seattle campus HSIP Programs
- Medicine (MED)
- MEDEX – Seattle, Tacoma, Anchorage, Spokane, and Hawaii
- Medical Laboratory Science/Laboratory Medicine
- Rehab Medicine (DPT/MOT/MPO)
- Genetic Counseling
- Dentistry (DDS and most post-doctoral students)
- Pharmacy Doctorate (PharmD)
- Nursing (BSN/ABSN/DNP/Certificate)
- Social Work (BASW/MSW)
- Public Health (MPH/Nutrition)
- Speech & Hearing Sciences (SPHSC)
- Tacoma campus HSIP programs
- Social Work (BASW/MSW)
- Bothell campus HSIP programs – None; all Bothell students must follow the UW General Immunization Requirement and/or any additional requirements set by their program.
- Pre-health sciences students do not participate in HSIP.
- UW Bothell: Health sciences students follow their program’s guidelines, rather than participating in HSIP.
- UW Tacoma: Social Work and MEDEX students participate in HSIP. Other Tacoma health sciences students follow their program’s guidelines.
HSIP contracts with a vendor, CastleBranch, to track immunization and TB testing compliance. Each health sciences school or program sends instructions to accepted students for creating their CastleBranch account, including deadlines for meeting HSIP requirements.
There is a one-time fee to set up a UX CastleBranch account paid directly to the vendor when creating the account.
UX CastleBranch account by program:
UX51 - Dentistry (DDS, IDDS, Endo/OralB/OralM/Ortho/Perio/Pros)
UX52 - MEDEX
UX53 - Medical Laboratory Science/Laboratory Medicine
UX54 - Medicine (MED)
UX55 - Pharmacy Doctorate (PharmD)
UX56 - Occupational Therapy (MOT)
UX57 - Physical Therapy (DPT)
UX58 - Prosthetics & Orthotics (MPO)
UX59 - School of Public Health MPH (EPI/ENVH/GLOBLH/Genetics/HSERV - Online/COPHP)
UX60 - School of Public Health Nutrition
UX61 - Speech & Hearing Sciences (SPHSC) - (CoreSLP/MedSLP/EdSLP/AuD/AuD-PhD)
UX62 - School of Social Work Seattle (BASW/MSW)
UX63 - School of Social Work Tacoma (BASW/MSW)
UX64 - School of Nursing (BSN/ABSN/DNP/Certificate)
IY97 - Genetic Counseling
Once you enter a participating health sciences school or program, you will pay the HSIP fee to cover the cost of administering the Health Sciences Immunization Program.
The amount of the fee is subject to change on a yearly basis and is attached to your tuition account for as long as you remain in your UW health sciences school or program.
Read the 2023-2024 Annual HSIP Fee (PDF) for specific details about how the health fee was calculated for the current school year.
Please note that the health fee is not health insurance. More information about getting health insurance coverage can be found on the Hall Health Center website.
We recommend students learn what health services are offered at the student health center on their “home” campus and in the community. Our Health Care Resources information sheet may also be of assistance for students who need initial or ongoing services in the WWAMI region (Washington, Wyoming, Alaska, Montana, and Idaho).