The updated UW Accident Prevention Plan contains new and updated health and safety information and resources for University units to share with personnel.
The UW Accident Prevention Plan outlines the policies and procedures we should follow to reduce or eliminate anticipated workplace hazards that generally apply to all University personnel, except in UW medical and healthcare facilities.
University units are required to document additional health and safety topics, including worksite-specific hazards beyond those covered in the UW Accident Prevention Plan. The Supplemental Accident Prevention Plan Template is provided as a guide for units to address worksite- and unit-specific hazards.
Department administrators and supervisors should review the UW Accident Prevention Plan and the Supplemental Accident Prevention Plan with their existing and new employees.
For more information about the UW Accident Prevention Plan and to download the new Supplemental Accident Prevention Plan Template, please visit the Accident Prevention Plan webpage.
Refer to the UW Accident Prevention Plan log of changes for a list of updates to the plan, including:
- Updated definitions of child abuse and neglect in youth programs section.
- Links added to public safety section: personal safety and suspicious persons. Noted that changes coming to organization of UWEM, UWPD, and SafeCampus.
- Added link to Office of Global Affairs into Reporting Incidents section.
- Added link to AED map available through PulsePoint app.
- Added a link describing L&I prohibiting employer retaliation or discrimination when employees report health and safety concerns.
- Updated regulation dates on Outdoor Heat Exposure and Wildfire Smoke sections.
Please contact Erin McKeown, UW accident prevention manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.