Researchers and departments on UW campuses are constantly coming up with great new ways to address safety issues specific to their labs and workgroups.
Is your lab or department supporting a strong safety culture?
Has your lab created a tool, resource, or practice to enhance safety in your workspace?
Submit your safety innovation or nominate others for a chance to be recognized at the 2023 UW Laboratory Safety Awards & Innovations Event in December.
- To nominate yourself, email a description of your innovation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include ”Innovation” in the subject line.
- To nominate another individual or group, contact email@example.com with a description of the work the person or group has done to enhance safety. Include “Nomination” in the subject line. The nominee does not need to work in your laboratory to be nominated.
Awards will be presented at the December event to:
- Departments from each of UW’s three campuses;
- Laboratories who are leading the way for improving safety culture; and
- Individuals who have gone above and beyond to improve safety culture in UW laboratories.
Winners will be announced by Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) in November and trophies will be awarded at the event. All winners and innovations will be recognized both at the event and on the EH&S website.
EH&S will invite all members of the UW research community, including researchers, students, chairs, deans, UW executives and staff members, to attend the 2023 Laboratory Safety Awards & Innovations Event (date/time to be determined) and celebrate the work being done to enhance the culture of safety on UW campuses.