The University of Washington COVID-19 Prevention Plan (PDF) helps ensure the health and safety of personnel by reducing the potential for COVID-19 transmission at the University of Washington.
This document is also available in Word format.
Log of change for 9/23/22
Deleted references to the Workplace COVID-19 Risk Level and Selection of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) guide for determining PPE based on potential risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Log of changes for 9/9/22
- Removed Definitions section (moved content into the appropriate sections or linked to definitions)
- Updated the name of the COVID-19 Public Health Requirements and Guidance Flowchart to “COVID-19 Public Health Flowchart”
Section A. Vaccination: Clarified that booster doses are not required.
Section B. Procedures for Sick Individuals, Reporting and COVID-19 Case Response:
- Personnel and students who experience any symptoms of COVID-19 infection that are not attributed to another condition are required to follow the instructions provided in Section B.
- Replaced list of testing options with a link to the COVID-19 Testing webpage.
- Added link to Types of COVID-19 Tests webpage.
- Clarified the required steps for individuals who test positive.
- Updated the guidance for individuals who had close contact exposure.
Section C. Good Hygiene: Updated link to download Stay Healthy, Huskies posters
Section D. Clean Surfaces: Added links to Appendix Table 1 that provides detailed information on the responsibilities for cleaning and disinfecting University spaces
Section E. Face Coverings, PPE and Alternative Strategies:
- Explained the connection between face covering requirements and COVID-19 Community Levels
- Removed recommendations for wearing a face covering in specific scenarios
Section F. Communication and Training:
- Updated link to download Stay Healthy, Huskies posters
- Removed the list of posters and locations and replaced with a link to the COVID-19 Posters and Signage Updates
Attachment A: Updated the checklist to reflect the changes in Sections A through F listed above.