The UW Environmental Health & Safety Department (EH&S) provides services to our campus partners both remotely and on site to support critical work activities in accordance with the University’s COVID-19 Prevention Plan for the Workplace and EH&S's site-specific COVID-19 Prevention Plans.
EH&S is committed to COVID-19 prevention practices while providing critical on-site services to members of our campus community. Please review our EH&S COVID-19 Prevention Practices for Site Visits.
In addition to remote operations, EH&S continues to provide the following services and activities on site:
CRITICAL OPERATIONS SUPPORT
- Public health response activities for COVID-19 that require on-site support
- Field response or work required to support essential research, health care operation, or other University critical function
- Limited in-person safety training courses required for critical work activities.
- Regulatory site visits that require on-site support
- Workplace health and safety assessments and support that require on-site support for critical operations
- Employee Health Center will provide clinical services for personnel performing critical functions, which may include:
- Medical clearance to work in the animal care and use facilities
- Exposure response
- Physical exams
- COVID-19 research support:
- Medical evaluations, screenings, and clearances
- BSL3 biosafety training and administrative support
- Biosafety cabinet certification and approvals
- Biological Use Authorization application review and assessment
- Research support as needed for standard operating procedure reviews
- Incident or exposure response
- Administrative support for Institutional Biosafety Committee and meetings
- Chemical waste collection
- Medical centers (priority)
- Research laboratories
- All other University locations
- Chemical spill response
- Fume hood alarm response
- The medical health physicist supports medical centers in-person as needed.
- In-person support may include, but is not limited to:
- Equipment testing and verification
- Patient therapeutic procedures involving the administration of radioactive material
- The following services will only be performed for critical in-person research (as defined by the Office of Research):
Contact EH&S at email@example.com or call 206.543.7262 with questions.